1. An individual of foreign nationality, who has never held nationality status from the Republic of China (“R.O.C.”) and who does not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, is qualified to apply for admission.
2. An individual of foreign nationality, pursuant to the following requirements and who has resided overseas continuously for no less than 6 years is also qualified to apply for admission.
(1) An individual who also is a national of the R.O.C., but does not hold or has had a household registration in Taiwan.
(2) An individual who also was a national of the R.O.C. but has no R.O.C. nationality at the time of their application shall have an annulled status regarding their R.O.C. nationality for no less than 8 years after an annulment of R.O.C. nationality by the Ministry of the Interior.
(3) Regarding individuals mentioned in (1) and (2), they must not have studied in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese student nor received placement permission during the same year of the application by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.
3. An applicant of foreign nationality, concurrently holding a permanent residence status in Hong Kong or Macao, having no history of a household registration record in Taiwan and, at the time of application, has resided in Hong Kong, Macao, or another foreign country for no less than 6 years is qualified to apply for admission.
4. An applicant being a former citizen of Mainland China and holds a foreign nationality, having no history of household registration record in Taiwan, and at the time of application, has resided overseas continuously for no less than 6 years is qualified to apply for admission.
For more detailed regulations, please refer to Article 2 of the Ministry of Education's "Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studying in Taiwan." http://law.moj.gov.tw/Eng/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?PCode=H0110001